Thursday, March 20, 2008

Not ready

Photo by Melissa Haneline, The (Charleston) Post and Courier

Colleen and I are taking our annual trip to Charleston next month, and I am not ready.

I am ready to get out of town and enjoy being in that great, old city, but I am not ready for the reason that we began going there.

The 31st annual Cooper River Bridge Run is April 5, and we've been going down since 2006 when the race crossed the Ravenel Bridge for the first time. Quite an experience running/walking over that bridge.

The first year we went, I ran the 10K (most of it). The second time I ran/walked a little slower time. This year, I'll probably walk it with Colleen and her friend Emily (who is really Kim, but we won't go into that right now).

I have been having some hip and knee pains that the doctor thinks may be from tendinopathy. Whatever it's from, I haven't been running since last year's race, after which I could hardly walk.

I would love to be able to run the race this year. It's so much fun being in the crowd. They call it the third largest 10K in the nation. I had such high hopes for my running career when I started off with the Maggie Valley Moonlight Race three years ago.

Oh well, at least we'll be in Charleston celebrating Curly's birthday. What better place? Maybe Ireland. Maybe next year.

1 comment:

McMGrad89 said...

Listen little brother, if you go to Ireland next year, it better include me. :-) Good start at blogging. Keep it up. Good luck at the 10K.