I was at the Sheriff's Office this morning checking out arrest and incident reports and this woman comes in with what I'm assuming are her parents. She's on the phone with a bail bondsman and she breaks down crying.
I'm trying to ignore her, or at the very least not make her feel like I'm listening in on her. No one wants to be going through something painful and have people eavesdropping on you pain.
Anyway, from the bits and pieces of what I did overhear, I am assuming her son got into some trouble overnight. Sounded like it could be a good bit of trouble because I think I overheard her mother ask "What's 10% of $10,000 bond." Yikes!
There was nothing like that in the reports I looked at this morning, so maybe I'll find out what it was about tomorrow. I just felt bad for the woman though. I'm used to going to the magistrate's office and seeing people who are used to being arrested--or having friends and family arrested--and dealing with the system. They get arrested and it's not big deal for them. They know how the system works and they're not scared.
This woman seemed terrified for her (I'm assuming) son. I would be, too.
Who knows. If he was a juvenile, I may never know.
Interesting, sad morning.

1 comment:
So, did you ever find out what happened to this poor woman?
Post a Comment