Friday, October 22, 2010

Today's Trawler

1972 50' Grand Banks Trawler
(Source: yachtworld.com)
I came across this gorgeous boat searching yachtworld.com today. She looks to have lots of livable space with a decent galley and full-size refrigerator.
The listing says she surveyed in "above average condition" two years ago. The photos look like this two-owner boat was very well maintained. She has a wooden hull (that's something else I need to study on--which hull is the best, wood, steel, fiberglass).
The master stateroom looks very roomy and the master head has a tub. There are two more staterooms and two additional heads aboard.

Specs
Builder: Grand Banks
Designer: American Marine

Dimensions
LOA: 50'
Beam: 15'5"
Maximum Draft: 5'6" (a little deeper than I'd like)
Displacement: 60,000

Engines
Engine Brand: Caterpillar
Engine(s) HP: 210
Engine Model: 3160
Cruising Speed: 8
Maximum Speed: 10
Engine Hours: 2111

Tanks
Fresh Water Tanks: 600
Fuel Tanks: 1200
Holding Tanks: 140

The topper? She's named Beaufort. Beaufort, N.C. (pronounced Bo-fert), is one Colleen's favorite coastal towns, as opposed to Beaufort, S.C. (pronounced Byou-fert), to which I don't think either one of us has ever been.

She's selling now for $129,000.

1 comment:

McMGrad89 said...

You must be crazy brother. I don't mind a boat, but not as my only home. More power to you, though.