Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Inspiring others

My sister suggested I make A to Z Photo a challenge blog for her photo friends (and others, too) who would love to have another place for inspiration.

I like the idea.

I also like the A to Z idea because of its simplicity. Coming up with photo assignments all the time is hard. I figure that's why many of the photo assignment sites I checked out yesterday hadn't been updated in a long time.

With A to Z you have a lot of room for creativity. For example, I've been pondering "A" a lot today. I could take a self portrait, since my name is "Andre." I've thought about figuring out how to get an "aerial" shot. "Azaleas" are in bloom now. I suppose a photo of someone sneezing could be of "achoo," but maybe also "bless you," in addition to "sneeze."

The possibilities are endless. Plus, there are 26 letters in the alphabet and 52 weeks in the year, so that basically leaves you doing each letter twice a year.

Anyway, anyone interested in a little inspiration feel free to participate. Hopefully sis will cross post this on her blog and let people know.

Good luck.

13 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

Dude, I need to you post this on your AtoZ blog so my friends have something to go to. I will post it to my friends as soon as you do. I think it is a great idea and think that it will be fun.
Love,
Sis

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This SOUNDS AWESOME (another "A" word...I might add!!!! LOL) ........ totally loveeeeeeeeeee this idea and can't wait to see it develop! :):):):):):):):):)

Adriann said...

Sounds like a great idea. I just got my camera last year and want to use it more. I would follow....

Anonymous said...

Sounds great to me--can't wait to see what you come up with!

The Design Experiment said...

I think it is a GREAT IDEA love it .. very inspiring and it will get me out of a rut when need be too .. and expand on what I take photos of more..

Sasha

aimee said...

this is a great idea! love it!

McMGrad89 said...

Okay Lil Bro, It's time to put your money where your keyboard is. Call me if you have any questions. I brought the friends, you bring challenge.

Okay folks. We have until the end of the month to get your friends posting. I will make sure you get your name in the drawing for a MK gift.

nbarnich said...

Your sis warned me about this (on Scrapblog). So I'll be following you I hope and see what happens here.
NB.

McMGrad89 said...

Here are some A words to be looking for this long weekend:
Ace
Abandoned
Abnormal
Accident
Acorn
Address

Some are rather abstract, but that's the fun part.

miruspeg said...

Andre
Here to be inspired, camera in hand!

Astounding aardvarks, arguably an ancient animal, always ate apples and acorns and artichokes all around Athens, amazing!

Peggy

Roban said...

What a great idea! I'll be thinking and hopefully clicking soon.

Roban

McMGrad89 said...

Hermano, the Scrapblog announcing your A to Z site has been posted. Please add a pretty picture for your header! We girls do like the pretty.

You can see the Scrapblog announcement here!

Anonymous said...

Count me in!
I'm almost always up for a creative challenge!
~Chily