Friday was the last day for fellow photographer D.C. Buchanan at The Mountaineer. I guess they just don't think they can afford to have a full time photographer. I'm going to miss seeing him at assignments. He's a super nice guy, and his wife, Ana, seemed like a sweet lady as well.
D.C. said he plans on concentrating on his freelance career and expanding his wedding and event photography. I imagine I'll see him around some, though. I think he said he'll still be doing some shooting for The Mountaineer.
These are some tough economic times, which have put a lot of people out of work. I got a call last night from a former editor of mine who said she recommended me to the publisher of a small weekly paper in Swain County, N.C., that's going to be looking for a senior editor. It's flattering, but the pay wouldn't be as much as I make now. But who knows what might come down the road. I might be the next one looking for work. Tricky.
Anyway, I wish D.C. and Ana (and Kelly) the best of luck. See you around.
D.C. giving me the stink eye for pointing a
camera his direction during the last event
we covered together, the retirement of
Haywood County Sheriff Tom Alexander.

No comments:
Post a Comment