Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black and Blue Tuesday

Today has not been a good day.

It feels like I've been in a fire fight all morning and can now stick my head up out of a fox hole to call out, "I'm still here? Is everyone all right? Who got hit?"

Today was layoff day at my newspaper and my two colleagues, Suzanne and Karen, were hit. They're no longer with us.

A total of 16 people were layed off at the Citizen-Times today. That doesn't even take into account the 60 employees at the printing press who will not have a job about a month from now.

I don't know what else to say. I'm terribly sad for them but relieved to still have a job.

Scary times.

2 comments:

McMGrad89 said...

That's too bad...Glad to hear you still have a job. I don't think Mom could take it.

It's going on everywhere. Tomorrow the new superintendent will be telling the district what plans are in place to make up for a $5million shortfall left behind by the last superintendent who also did that to his last district.

McMGrad89 said...

Merry Christmas...Talk to you tomorrow.
Sis